// kevin edit // kevin edit // kevin edit

Translate

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Paper Flowers - a small series ..


I wanted to tackle painting some common objects to see if I could make some thoughtful, dare-I-say -beautiful paintings based on that notion.  I am not sure these smaller works have gotten me where I want to go but I have learned a bit about painting paper and wrinkled paper!
10 x12" each on Yes canvas with oil paints.  These are intended for the Academy of Art Faculty and Alumni Auction in the fall.   Way down at the bottom is a crazy watercolor from a few months ago..(not intended for anything!)..

"He Seen better days!" Target paper bag - part of Paper Flowers series.  Wrinkled, torn and then filled with wire and foam so ti wouldn't move ( collapse) .. much.. (sold)


The first "Paper Flower" study - simple but painterly which has its own challenges!(sold)
"Paper Flower 2" - came together relatively easily.   Less bombast than the first bag and nice subtle changes.. (sold)
Watercolor and gouache on paper.

2 comments:

Sandra Heading said...

You make me so proud to know you and to be an artist inspired by you....these are full of goodness and I'love the theme ...and well the wc is crazy BEAUTIFUL !!!! And I think it was intended for me ' Right ?! ...:)

And your work is to me very enchanting and full of harmony and spirit ..well done Sir !

Sizun said...

It's always a joy to see how a competent artist can turn the mundane into beauty. Your paper bags are beaming (I hope it's the correct word...) from the inside thanks to your skilled brushwork. You're such an inspiration !